Saturday, August 1, 2009

Introduction

Welcome to my blog! I am EnergyEfficiencyMan. I became interested in energy efficiency about 5 years ago, probably for the dual reasons of an engineering background and years of utility-bill-laden home ownership. In addition, I read a lot, both on the web and in periodicals. Much of what I have seen and experienced firsthand has made me realize that our society, in particular modern American society, has the following characteristics:
  1. We have built a world which requires large amounts of incredibly cheap energy to maintain
  2. We waste between half and 3/4 of the energy we generate without putting it to good use
With these two reasons, an alter ego and a mission have been formed. Investigate on, intrepid readers, for enthralling information about a man, his slowly-improving-in-efficiency single family dwelling, and a quest that continues to this day!

Executive Summary

For those who don't want to traipse through my entire blog, I'll summarize some of my key findings here along with links to the more detailed entries.


No comments:

Post a Comment